About Me

Frisco, Texas, United States
I'm a middle-aged, bitter, divorced woman making every day a great day. I have two grown children.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ramblings about baby chickens and stocks

 
Things I've learned about baby chickens in the past day. 
  • To keep them for chirping, you must hold them together while cupping one hand beneath them and one hand over them. Unfortunately, this makes it hard to do anything else in life. The picture to the left is the not the proper cupping, so there was some chirping going on.
  • Use a towel in your bottom hand, so you don't get chicken poo on you. Also not shown correctly in the pic.
  • Keep the babies really warm to shut them up. A space heater set on 85 seems to do the trick.
  • Give them food to shut them up.
  • According to Hayley, they are more cuddly than her cat. She really loves them....for now anyway.
Stock rambling of the day:  I bought Exxon a couple of months ago. It is my WORST performing stock.  As a matter of fact, it is my only LOSING stock.


Really? Didn't you make $9.4 BILLION profit and I mean BILLION last quarter? And yes, a quarter is only 3 months. Okay, so Exxon sent me a tiny dividend, but still. I look at my account and see all green EXCEPT for XOM. What gives? 

I thought if I was going to pay $4 for a gallon of gas that at least I'd own some Exxon and laugh my way to the bank with my share of the profits, but NOOOOOOO that has not happened. I'm giving XOM a couple of more months....maybe.





No comments:

Post a Comment