About Me

Frisco, Texas, United States
I'm a middle-aged, bitter, divorced woman making every day a great day. I have two grown children.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Inspiration and sadness

I worked at Habitat for Humanity this weekend with some people from my office. All of us work on computers all day long. We got on the roof and used nail guns to attach plywood to trusses and once we finished that, we put down tar paper. Others completely cut out and put up insulation on the house. Our team leader, Peter, was awesome. He took a bunch of computer nerds and made us build a house.  Within five minutes, he had taught me how to use a nail gun and how to load it. In a few hours, all the roof plywood was nailed down, the entire roof covered in tar paper and the entire house insulated. Some of the guys installed the windows. I'm going to go on a limb and stereotype....People who volunteer seem to be very happy in life. BTW, my trigger finger is sore and so is my back.


I was happy to climb around on the roof and actually got my 'roof legs'. As long as I keep away from knives and fire, I'm safe. I'm aware of my limitations.


So this week, a friend from elementary school in Arlington, Tx, Don Sloan died in a motorcycle accident. He had contacted me a few months ago because we both currently were living in Frisco and his daughter goes to same school as my daughter. Anyway, was so shocked to hear this. Rest in Peace Don and God Bless your Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment