About Me

Frisco, Texas, United States
I'm a middle-aged, bitter, divorced woman making every day a great day. I have two grown children.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gotta love Texas weather today

What a beautiful day. I'm digging a huge hole in my backyard that will some day be my garden. I haven't had enough yard in a long time to have a garden. I'm very excited about it. I mean I'd rather have a pool back there, but the garden will save me about $40K in start-up costs. I"ll have to settle for a kiddie pool this year.

So Donald Trump says gas could get as high as $6-7 a gallon this summer. I told my kids. My daughter said if gas gets that expensive, she's not driving to school anymore. I told her she could take the bus. That went over well.

So Ryan has been working at Rudy's barbecue for a couple of months now. The half price food for the family is sweet. They need to hire more people, so they asked if Hayley would want to work there. I asked him if he told his boss that she's a prima dona? Anyway, its much closer to the house and her school, so she's thinking about it. She's peeved because she has been at TJMaxx for almost 1.5 years and was employee of the quarter last year and no raise. She still makes $7.25 an hour is one of their more responsible employees. You think they could throw her a bone and give her .10 an hour or something. I think it's great that she's held a job that long and she started immediately after turning 16.


I decided to try a new recipe. A broccoli/cauliflower layered salad. I added some spinach just because it had been in the frig a while. The salad is pretty good. Even with all the goodies mixed in, I don't really like the cauliflower.

Ingredients: broccoli, cauliflower, hard boiled eggs, cheese, bacon pieces, and then topped with a reduced fat mayo/vinegar dressing. Next time, I'll ditch the cauliflower and just make a broccoli salad. 

So since my son apparently has a tapeworm, I've decided to try a cheaper cut of meat tonight. I bought a London Broil. It's been marinating all day long. I'm going to throw it on the grill and see what happens. I've also seen some slow cooker recipes for it, but today is too nice not to grill out. If it's any good, I'll post the marinade recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment