About Me

Frisco, Texas, United States
I'm a middle-aged, bitter, divorced woman making every day a great day. I have two grown children.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chicken Marsala and Grandma

I did NOT embarrass myself too bad golfing last weekend. I need a little work on my putting and short game, but overall not too bad. I had pretty solid hits, so I'm good with that.




So I did do a stupid thing last week. Several months ago, I bought this Samsung Droid. Well it would be great if it would stay charged and you could use all the SMART features like maybe...I don't know....say... making a phone call or sending a couple of texts without the battery dying.


I went back to the store and kept telling them something was wrong with the battery. They kept saying I had 4G. We kept yelling back and forth: Bad Battery, then they'd say 4G and we'd repeat. Anyway, I thought about getting a second battery, so I opened up the back and pulled the battery out to get the model number. After that, I couldn't hear anybody that called. It was crackly and low volume. 

A couple of days later I was in the car with Hayley. I told her that my phone volume quit working ever since I popped my battery out. My daughter grabbed my phone and said maybe I can't hear anymore because I had stuck a post-it note with the model number on the phone right over the ear piece. Anyway, my phone works as good as new.


So on another note, my boyfriend thinks I'm the greatest cook ever. I love to cook, but the funny thing is that he likes my chicken thrown in the crock pot with some cream of chicken soup, carrots, onion, mushrooms, and garlic. That barely counts as cooking.


So I haven' tried this yet, but my mom said this Chicken Marsala recipe is really good. It is from Food Network..Florence Tyler. She said the prosciutto makes the recipe. I will make and review, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be really good.


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-marsala-recipe/index.html
4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
All-purpose flour, for dredging
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
8 ounces crimini or porcini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoon unsalted butter

1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley

Speaking of mom....Hayley won't ride in front seat with her anymore. Anyway, we saw her for her birthday this past weekend. Hayley said we need to make a list of crazy things my mom does. So this month it is:
  • We go to restaurant about 2 blocks from her house. She is driving home and turns and goes the entire opposite direction of her house...
  • She bought the world's biggest bean bag ...or maybe it's the world's biggest love sack. It is comfortable, but Hayley wants to know what made grandma decided to decorate in bean bag chair. Hope everyone is enjoying this great Texas weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment