About Me

Frisco, Texas, United States
I'm a middle-aged, bitter, divorced woman making every day a great day. I have two grown children.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The 9 Tions of dating

So now that I'm recently out of a relationship, I thought it'd be much more fun to REFLECT on dating than actually dating. I'm done with that for a while. Going to play golf and hang with the girls. I'm still feeling sad, but having good girlfriends is the best. They make me feel so much better.


So dating for me has changed as I've gotten older. So back in the day. I had what I called the 9 TIONS of dating.I kept it on a sticky in my purse. It was pretty simple:
  • Habitation - Must have own place and not complete pig sty.
  • Transportation - Must have wheels that aren't going to break down every date.
  • Occupation - Must have a job and like it.
  • Education - College preferred, but not required.
  • Location - Must be geographically desirable.
  • Physical Condition - Must be able to walk up a flight of stairs.
  • Sophistication - Has been outside of the Metroplex and knows what Merlot is.
  • Relaxation - Must be able to relax.
  • Motivation - Must be motivated to make me happy. Hahaha.
So anyway, that list is pretty easy to make once you get to be my age. ....not so much back in my 20s. As I have gone through the years, I have realized some things that I would really  like in a relationship which is why it makes dating when your older so much harder to do. The list just gets huge and I'm sure I've left a few things off.
  • Not required, BUT I really prefer someone who plays golf. I know that is petty, but I like to play and it takes a lot of time and money and someone would have to be good with that. 
  • An animal lover. Enough said....read my blogs. If you didn't like a animals, you'd hate being around me.
  • Someone who likes to get out of town and is spontaneous. 
  • Someone who can commit and not be insecure or jealous and has a good sense of humor....required when dating a sarcastic girl.
  • Can't sweat the small stuff.
  • Romantic. I think because I pretty laid back that men forget I'm still a girl and I like romance. I want to dress up and go to Three Forks. I want to get flowers. I want someone to open doors for me. 
  • I like the beach, pool, and boats, so someone who likes the outdoors.
  • Someone that can keep up.  I like to garden, fix up my house (building patios, brick retaining walls, painting the interior), take care of the pool (when I had them) and do yard work. My ex-husband used to say that we got more done in 3 hours on a Saturday morning than most people get done in a week....he was right about that. But once I was done, I could do my other favorite things....relax or play golf.
  • Cowboy/Ranger tickets are a bonus.:) As well as being a millionaire. Hahaha.
  • Someone who can put up with me. Probably the hardest on the list.
  • Someone that can use a cork screw and make a great Mojito or Margarita.








No comments:

Post a Comment