About Me

Frisco, Texas, United States
I'm a middle-aged, bitter, divorced woman making every day a great day. I have two grown children.

Monday, September 22, 2014

Inexpensive low carb nachos

Go Cowboys! Nachos sounded awesome but I'm trying to keep my carbs low, so tortilla chips are out and bell pepper is in. This recipe as I made it serves one.

My total cost of ingredients was $6, but I only used about $2 worth of them.

  • Bell pepper $.99 (used entirely)
  • Refried beans $.85 (used about 1/4 of a can)
  • Cheddar cheese $3 (used about 1\6 of bag)
  • Sliced jalapenos $1.50 (used just a few of them)

If you want to really low carb, nix the beans and replace with ground beef or shredded chicken. I was using what I had in my house today.

If you follow this recipe, it ends up being about:
204 calories, 11 fat, 15.5 carbs, 5 fiber, net carbs 10.5, and 11 protein.

  1. Cut bellpepper into small pieces.
  2. Top with beans or meat.
  3. Add cheese and jalapenos.
  4. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Personally I prefer tortilla chips, but lets just do a quick compare.

My new favorite website.








No comments:

Post a Comment